Beaches and Boredom
Hello all,
Just eaten a sardine sandwich for 20p - very good too, would quite like to go back for another one. Although as I'm about to disappear into the desert for goodness knows how long (especially if we get stuck in sand) I should probably write about Morocco instead.
Agadir was strange as all europeanised as 3rd world package holiday beach towns are. The best thing about it was that you could buy wine in the supermarkets. I stayed 2 days, long enough to improve slightly on my fading tan and hear all about my campsite neigbours' mistress.
Eassioura, another beach town, is heaven in comparison to Agadir. The campsite is friendly, quiet and clean, the town not too touristy and the beach stretched for miles with compact sand great to walk on. I didnt realise that it is also the kite surfing destination of Morocco so it was also quite windy most of the time. I stayed here 5 nights chilling out, avoiding camals.... sorry dromedaries, meeting other travellers, drinking coffee etc whilst I waited to hear about my ride to Mauritania. I was lucky that this was such a good and cheap place to stay! I even found some books to read when I finally plucked up the courage to approach the scary bald englishman who was living in a big bus - turns out he's planning a glastonbury style festival to be held in Eassioura next year. He's fed up of the rain but I can't imgine most of glastonbury party goers being pleased with no drugs or alcohol.
No stories at all really.
On the overnight bus to Casablanca I met an english guy called Ed who I shared a room with last night. The guys at the hotel are practically not speaking to me because tonight I am sharing a room with Brian (also going south in the car) who I bumped into at the consulate, Ed having left for Spain.
Last night we went to Ricks Cafe for an expensive drink. I dared Ed to tell the pianist to "play it again Sam" but he would't ; ) Just been hanging out, waiting, waiting, waiting. BRING ON THE DESERT!!!
Hope you are all well and good
Lots love
kx

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home